Thursday, July 10, 2008

Altered Canvas Calendar Saturday July 19

I saw this idea on the Paper Crazy blog and thought it would be fun to make. I changed it quite a bit though from their original idea, you can see the original idea at http://www.thepapermillstore.com/papercrazy/?page_id=91&album=1&photo=586

No, yours doesn't have to be pink!! This is just a sample I made for my own scrapbook room.

Each month we will have an inspiration project available at the all day Saturday crops for those who are interested in making a fun paper craft. This month we will be making altered canvas calendars and the cost is $10, profits will go to Inspiration Cafe.

Since home decor is all so different, I decided to not make kits for this project. Instead, I will have the canvas punched and prepared for the silver clasp to be attached and ready for you to paint with your own favorite color acrylic paint to match your home decor.

I will show you how to make the paper flowers out of your patterned paper and have three alphabets fonts and chipboard available to cut the chipboard letters to spell what you want on your calender. I will have tiny beads for your flower centers to match your color and the corrugated cardboard. I will also have sandpaper, Scrappy Glue, Pop dots, thin white ribbon and Stickles available for you to use.

What you will need to bring:

  • acrylic paint of your color choice and sponge brush
  • patterned paper, 3 or 4 patterns to match your home decor and paint ( 1 sheet of each pattern)
  • cardstock, 2 colors to match your patterned paper
  • dry adhesive to attach the paper to the canvas, I used Herma dotto and glue dots
  • a pencil to attach to the board

I have 10 canvases available, let me know if you plan to make this project so I know if I need to bring more supplies. See ya Saturday! Vickie K

EDITED: Sold out! But, if you still want to make the project, I can prepare more canvases. Just let me know.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vickie - You do know that I will make a calendar. And I do have ONE piece of the pink/brown striped Baby pp.m- Karen R

Anonymous said...

Put me down. I found the pink paper. See ya Friday...Daria

scrapbooking for others said...

Hi Karen, thanks for the baby paper and will put you down for a calendar.
Hi Daria, will put you down for one too!

Anonymous said...

I will be making one for me plus one for the life crop. Am trying to learn about blogging. Hope this works. Wanda

INSPIRATION CAFE of BRADENTON said...

Hi Wanda, I have put you down for 2. See you Friday, Vickie k

Anonymous said...

Vickie, I just looked at the canvas calendar you saw the original on. It is nothing oompared to yours. You are just so talented. Love ya, Judy

Anonymous said...

Vickie, I just looked at the canvas calendar you saw the original on. It is nothing compared to yours. You are just so talented. Love ya, Judy

misspelled compared. Haha

scrapbooking for others said...

thank you Judy! vickie